Coffee is everywhere these days, and it seems like no office is complete without a state of the art coffee machine. Whether you enjoy sipping on your favorite cup of joe first thing in the morning or you wait until 2 o’clock for that afternoon pick-me-up, it’s hard to imagine living our lives without this sweet nectar. With the rise in coffee shops like Starbucks™ and CaribouⓇ Coffee, drinks like cappuccinos, macchiatos, and lattes have made an uprise over the past decade.
When it comes to shopping for office coffee, you may feel overwhelmed by the large selection of coffee beans and brands available. Luckily, the commercial coffee experts at Perkaroma are here to help clear up any confusion you may have. We offer a wonderful selection of office coffee, and we’re proud to be a one-stop-shop for office supplies, janitorial supplies, and more. From coffee machines to coffee beans and creamer, we have you covered! Shop our online store today!
Office Coffee #1: Espresso
If you’re like most people who think espresso is just a type of coffee, we’re here to correct this common misconception. While your standard cup of coffee is typically brewed by letting hot water drain through the ground beans, espresso is made in a different manner. In its purest form, espresso is a very popular beverage among Europeans, especially in Italy. Espresso coffee is normally blended from several roasts and varietals to form a bold and delightful flavor. This finely ground type of coffee is tightly packed or tamped into a portafilter. From this point, high-pressure water is forced through the grounds and extracted in very small and concentrated amounts. Intensity is key here, which is why they often call a cup of espresso a “shot.”
To help you understand the intricacies of the espresso a little more, let’s take a look at the different servings available.
- Ristretto – Also known as a “short shot,” this drink is often the first 3/4 -ounce of espresso. Many people believe that this is the absolute perfect way to drink espresso.
- Single Shot – A single shot of espresso is equal to a one ounce shot of this condensed coffee beverage.
- Lungo – Also known as the “long shot,” the Lungo is a one-and-a-half ounce shot of espresso.
- Double Shot – The double shot, as you may have guessed, is a shot of espresso that uses twice the amount of coffee in a portafilter.
If you’re shopping for espresso for your office or commercial space, be sure to visit Perkaroma’s large selection of office coffee and espresso online. We offer some of the best coffee brands available, including Café Bustelo Espresso and Lavazza Espresso Point Cartridges.
Office Coffee #2: Cappuccino
The cappuccino has become a very popular coffee drink among men and women today, and for good reason. Made with equal parts espresso, steamed milk, and milk foam, the cappuccino is a traditional way to enjoy the strong taste of coffee with a touch of milk. You can order a cappuccino from your local coffee shop with regular milk, low-fat milk, soy milk, almond milk, or any other milk substitute as well.
At Perkaroma, we believe that there’s nothing better than a good, frothy cappuccino in the morning. If you’re thinking about purchasing a cappuccino machine for your office, it’s important to do your research on the various models that are available. We offer a wonderful selection of commercial coffee makers in our online office supply store. Check out some of our cappuccino makers below!
- DeLonghi Automatic Espresso and Cappuccino Maker – This stainless steel beauty is a favorite among our small business clients because of its easy-to-use technology. This cappuccino maker features a built-in burr grinder to ensure the freshest espresso and cappuccino on the market. With a convenient double boiler and three-hour automatic shut-off, this coffee machine will be a perfect addition to your break room or office.
- LAVAZZA Espresso and Cappuccino Machine – If you’re a fan of LAVAZZA coffee, you’ll love our LAVAZZA espresso and cappuccino machine. Equipped with a one-gallon water tank and pre-programmed buttons, this machine features two spouts so you can make double the espresso at the same time.
- NESCAFE® Alegria Coffee Machine – This easy-to-use countertop coffee machine delivers the most authentic cafe-style beverages at an affordable price. Choose between five different beverages including espresso, cappuccino, latte, americano, and lungo.
In part two of this series, we’ll discuss a few more coffee types to consider for your office or break room. If you’re shopping for food service supplies, janitorial supplies, or office supplies for your business, be sure to visit Perkaroma’s online store today. We’re proud to be a one-stop-shop for a number of small to large businesses, and we’ll do everything we can to meet all of your unique needs. Shop our online office supply store today!