If you own a business in New York or New Jersey, you probably already know how important your office atmosphere is to your employees and the success of your business. Depending on the industry you’re in, it’s important to take the time to design a space that is comfortable and efficient. Doing so can ensure productivity from your employees, which will eventually lead to an increase in your bottom line. Whether you currently work in a small office or you’re in the process of moving to a large commercial building, you can save time and money by taking some steps to increase the organizational logistics of your space.
At Perkaroma, we understand that your employees are the lifeblood of your business, which is why it’s so important to keep them happy. As a leading office supply and inventory management company in New Jersey, we’ve helped hundreds of businesses stock their shelves with the best office supplies, cleaning equipment, and coffee machines available. From commercial paper towels to office chairs and janitorial supplies, we have everything you need to keep your employees happy, healthy, and productive. We also offer a rewards program for every dollar you spend, as well as new sample items on orders that are over $400. If you’re interested in learning more about our incredible service, contact us today!
Tips For Choosing The Right Office Space
Whether you’re in the process of starting your own company or your business is expanding and you need to move to a larger space, choosing the right location for your company is a vital component of your success. Here are some tips to help you find the perfect place for your office:
- Finding a new office space can be difficult, especially if you are unfamiliar with the current commercial real estate market in New Jersey and New York. Take the time to decide whether your business will be successful in a home-based office, or if you need to buy or rent a new space. There are a variety of websites online that can help you find commercial real estate, including LoopNet and ShowCase.
- As you probably already know, the location of your business is extremely important to your customers and your employees. Make sure the area is safe and accessible for your employees and clients, and make sure to note that you have adequate parking space and handicap accessibility.
- Before you sign the lease on a new office space, make sure the building is up to code and is in the correct zoning parameters. The last thing you want to happen is to move into your new office, only to discover that your business is not legally allowed to work there.
- While you may be tempted to rent out that 10,000 square foot office in New York City, it’s important to keep your budget in mind. Take the time to determine what the right size space is for your business. Not only will your new office need to fit you and your employees for your daily operations, but it will also need to be small enough to keep your costs down. It’s also important to consider how much you anticipate your business growing in the next coming years, since you won’t want to relocate after a few months.
Office Furnishings & Supplies
Once you’ve chosen the perfect space to call home —or work—it’s time to start shopping for office necessities. Depending on the number of employees your company has, you’ll want to look into proper office furnishings and equipment. These items may include desktop computers, laptops, conference phones, printers, fax machines, copy machines, and the daily office necessities like paper, notepads, and pens.
If you work within a small company, you may also want to consider how you’d like to set up each workstation. Consider where each of your employees will sit and what sort of workspace you can accommodate. Does your new office feature separate offices for each employee or are there individual cubicles? Some other things to keep in mind are:
- The layout of each workstation and the electronic requirements of each area. It’s important to note that each room may not have an internet and phone access point as well.
- When you begin to furnish your office space, pay close attention to the placement of furniture such as couches, desks, office chairs, and filing cabinets. Consider any windows as a source of natural light, but make sure you don’t set your computers up parallel to them, as this may cause a glare.
- The storage and filing cabinets you choose should be stackable in order to reduce clutter and open up more space. You can also choose to invest in hanging filing systems as well.
Breakroom Supplies For Your Office
As you start to map out the layout of your new office, don’t forget about providing your employees with a breakroom. Engaging in any activity without a break can make it difficult for the mind and body to relax and regain balance. This can be particularly true in the workplace, where employees feel constant stress throughout the day. When you take the time to establish a dedicated area where your employees can enjoy some downtime, it will reap a variety of benefits. Some of these benefits include:
The staff breakroom is one of the most undervalued and underappreciated rooms in the workplace. Your breakroom should be a comfortable and quiet space where your employees can take a break from the constant hustle and bustle of their nine to five job. It only takes a brief respite from work to relax and recharge, which can result in a greater level of productivity from your employees.
Encourage Employee Socialization
Let’s be honest: it’s hard to socialize with other employees when you’re staring at a computer screen all day. When you provide your staff with a dedicated breakroom, they will appreciate the opportunity to take a step away from work-related issues from time to time. A breakroom also provides a safe and comfortable area for your employees to socialize and get to know eachother better.
Breakroom Supplies & Inventory Management in New Jersey
Perkaroma is proud to be a leading provider of workplace refreshments and office supplies in New Jersey and New York. As a family-owned and operated business, we’ve been providing the best breakroom supplies, office supplies, cleaning supplies, and shipping supplies to businesses throughout the state. Not only are we passionate about providing our clients with the latest and greatest office products, we also provide outstanding customer service and inventory management services. From our ordering systems to the variety of brands that we offer, we’re confident you’ll be satisfied with our services.