No matter what type of office you have—a large commercial building, a small law office, or a trendy tech startup—cleaning it on a regular basis is critical to the health and safety of your employees. When you’re constantly on the go at work, it can be challenging trying to keep things neat and tidy, especially if you don’t have the right cleaning supplies. In this blog, we’ll touch on some tips for how to clean your office like a professional, so you can keep your workspace free of unwanted germs and disease.
At Perkaroma, we understand how important it is to have a clean office. Not only is a sanitary workplace critical to the health and wellbeing of your employees, it is also a necessary component of running a successful business. When it comes to shopping for your office and cleaning supplies, we’re dedicated to helping businesses across New York and New Jersey find the best supplies for their space. From hot and cold beverages to breakroom snacks and shipping and cleaning supplies, we offer some of the best inventory management services in the area. If you’re interested in learning more about our services, contact our friendly staff today!
Identify Priority Areas That Need to be Cleaned
While you may feel that cleaning the entire office is a terribly cumbersome and intimidating idea, it can help to identify the important areas first. Most people will focus on cleaning the bathrooms, breakrooms, conference rooms, and reception areas first. After you write a list of the most important spaces to clean, it’s time to get started! Let’s take a look at some cleaning tips below for these troublesome spaces.
The Office Bathroom
According to a professor named Charles Gerba from the University of Arizona, the bathroom tends to be the most filthy space in the workplace. Some tips to help you clean the bathroom include:
- First things first: dust and sweep the space thoroughly. Make sure you invest in a duster with a long handle so you can easily remove cobwebs from corners, light fixtures, and air vents.
- Apply an all-purpose cleaner or an acid-based cleaner to any showers or bathtubs.
- Spray any tile or countertops with an all-purpose cleaner to minimize water marks.
At Perkaroma in New Jersey, we carry an impressive selection of office and bathroom cleaning supplies to make your space sparkle. Whether you’re looking for an all-purpose LYSOL® Disinfectant Spray or commercial paper towels, we’re confident you’ll find all of the cleaning supplies you need in our online store. We also offer a rewards program on every dollar you spend, so you can ensure you are getting the best deal for your products. Interest in learning more? Reach out to our friendly staff today!
The Office Breakroom
If your office has a breakroom where employees can eat their lunch, relax, or read, there’s a good chance it can get pretty dirty from time to time. Some tips to help keep your breakroom clean and organized are:
- Keep Tabs on the Fridge. Lunches and leftover food should not stay your company fridge longer than three days. Prepared and packaged foods should not stay in the fridge for more than a week. Condiments like ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise will probably get used by employees before they expire, but they should not be left open for more than two months. For an added step of organization, properly label any food or containers in the fridge as well.
- Stock Up on Disposable Towels. While you may be tempted to use sponges to clean the breakroom, keep in mind that these items are a breeding ground for bacteria. Instead, opt for disposable paper towels to clean and wipe your breakroom counters, tables, and chairs. At Perkaroma, we offer a large selection of commercial paper towels for business. Browse our website today to see the brands we have to offer!
- Clean the Coffee Pot. Who would we be without our morning cup of joe? If you have a commercial coffee maker in your office, it probably gets used by employees several times a day. Regularly cleaning the coffee pot will prevent it from staining and developing lime deposits.
The Conference Room
Your conference rooms are a vital part of the workplace, so it’s important to make sure they are cleaned on a regular basis. From staff meetings to brainstorming sessions and celebrations, the conference rooms in your office serve a variety of purposes and should be kept sanitary on the daily. Some things to remember for your conference room are:
- Try to make a regular habit of visually checking each conference room for signs of unwanted debris or extra paper. Pick these items up and dispose of them when necessary.
- Vacuum any dirt that you cannot remove by hand and dust all surfaces including tables, chairs, filing cabinets, and shelves.
- Wipe down any conference telephones, calculators, or computer keyboards thoroughly with a disinfectant.
The Benefits of a Regular Office Cleaning Routine
When you take the time to clean your office on a regular basis or you invest in a commercial cleaning company to handle the dirty work, there are many benefits that will come along with it. A dirty and unkept office can lead to a loss of productivity in your employees that will affect their work efficiency and your overall bottom line. Some major reasons why you should clean your office are listed below.
Lessen Stress & Anxiety in the Workplace
When you make a point to clean your office, it will make a tremendous difference to your employees. This can help to reduce the levels of stress and anxiety in the workplace, since a clean and tidy office will always give you a comfortable and organized workspace.
Impress Your Customers or Visitors
If you own a business in New Jersey or New York, you probably have customers and guests visiting your office on a weekly basis. A sparkling workplace can be a stellar marketing tools, especially you’re looking to impress prospective clients or new employees.
Improve Employee Productivity
An office that is dirty and unorganized will draw your attention away from important business-related goals that you may want to accomplish. On the contrary, a clean and well-kept office space has been shown to improve productivity across employees and upper management.
Office Supplies & Inventory Management in New Jersey & New York
When it comes to your office, keeping a clean and tidy work environment will only prove to be beneficial to your employees and overall business success. At Perkaroma, we take pride in providing businesses near New Jersey with some of the best office supplies and inventory management services available. To learn more about our services, contact us today!